My other blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Where oh, where oh, where is Obama Mama

Oh, about a million years ago, I did like so many responsible high school graduates, and went to college. While in college I did like so many irresponsible college students and partied like it was 1999, a rock star, or whatever.

anywho

about 3/4 of my way being done with college with a 2. something GPA, I dropped out of college and headed to Atlanta, GA with a boy. That lasted all about ....... *drum roll* 2 months. Well on my way back "home", I found love on the Greyhound bus and within a few months I was pregnant with my first baby. 9 months, 40 weeks, 10 months however long it was, I had my first beautiful baby boy. At first I thought I was gonna die, I didn't want babies, but once he passed the infancy stage, I longed for another one, so 21 months later (a lil less than 2 years) I had another beautiful baby boy. Then in the mist of some bullshit 26 months after him, I had a baby girl. Man, I'm telling you, I was pregnant or giving birth every year for a while. Hadn't I got fixed, It would be about time for another one. But the baby factory on Obama Mama has shut down. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, that somewhere between those pregnancies, I did get married to my babies daddy, and take a few college courses. But somewhere between baby#2 and 3, I got lost.

I was so concerned with being a good mommy and wife and helping to make sure the ends meet, that I completely forgot the dreams I once had. Like being the first person in my family not just go to college, but to actually come out with a degree, to be an author, to own a daycare, and that's just a few.

Well since we've moved to this horribly boring town, I've had time, with little distractions to remember all those dreams I once had.
I write again, check it out: http://blacksupermom.blogspot.com/, and just the other day I went to the local college to see about finishing my degree in elementary ed. (I figure I better, just in case Obama get in there and give all the teachers a raise). I am still excited! It felt so good and weird (all those kids) being on a college campus again.

There is one problem, the nearest college is 2 hours away and the classes I have to take on campus are @ night from 5:30- 8:30. I hope I have enough strength to jump that hurdle to see if the original Obama Mama is on the other side.

1 comment:

MrsCSmith said...

AWESOME!!! -- Girl, you go ahead and do it!! When God says it's time, you will indeed have the strength!!! -- I'm proud of you and your poetry is outstanding!!

Much love and support!

Char~